Please note: "Next blog" button will load a random, non-LLL blog. Click at your own risk.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Conference blogger 4

Hi everyone!
It's a couple months before the LLLI Conference, and I'm cautiously typing on the keyboard, hoping not to wake up my sleeping 9 month old daughter. She's snoozing next to her Abba (Hebrew word for "Dad"). I'm a little nervous about making the trip up to DC - it's about 5 or 6 hours by car, and Chava (my little one) is not overly thrilled with cartrips. I really wish the car industry would invent some sort of seatbelt sling that would firmly hold the baby in place while still allowing the mother to nurse. This would certainly make my life a whole lot easier!
I am also thinking about the whole "no stroller" policy at the Conference... while it certainly makes sense from a statistical point of view (a thousand women pushing carts would make an awful traffic jam), I'm not looking forward to lugging a diaper bag around all day. Notice I didn't say anything about putting the BABY in the stroller! ha! She's very particular (I'm told she takes after me) and really only likes to be carried in her sling... which is fine with me. I've got nice muscles from toting baby around all day. Plus, I must admit that I really enjoy snuggling up with her even as I go about my business.
I can't believe she's still unconscious... I don't even know what to do with myself! Well, here's to a successful lead-up to the LLLI Conference and a fun blogging session!

ShaLLLom!
Chana Sidi

4 Comments:

Blogger Suna said...

Hi Chana, it's Sue Ann, your mother's online friend. Sniff, I remember your wedding photos, sniff. Anyway, about the lack of strollers...one good thing about that is it encourages all those helpful mothers to carry your baby for you, or carry your bags if your baby is at that very attached stage--there is SO MUCH help around that having a baby becomes a great thing--you get to meet many people that way!

6:26 PM

 
Blogger LLLnormaR said...

Hi Chana, this is your Mama here :)
Sue Ann is right - everybody is always eager to help an overloaded mom. One of the things I will always remember about going to LLL Conferences when you were all babies is that it was the ONLY place I would ever feel comfortable having a virtual stranger hold you while I was in the bathroom! The first time this happened - a kind lady offered to hold your sister Abby - I nearly flipped out! Then I saw her nametag and realised that she was a Leader, and therefore *safe.*
Although you have been to many LLL Conferences with me as a child, this will be your first time going as a mother. Have a wonderful time!

10:36 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was going to comment on this last week but felt shy : )
In 2003 I carried my dd in the sling and was able to have a small backpack on at the same time. Maybe that will work for you?

2003 was my first conference and it was wonderful. I'm looking forward to DC.
best, Jennifer in FL

10:39 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chana,

If you need a stroller, for sight seeing, I can make room in my car for it! As a matter of fact anything that you don't want to lug through the airport! Let me know. -Traci

10:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home