Please note: "Next blog" button will load a random, non-LLL blog. Click at your own risk.

Friday, July 01, 2005

We're here!

We're here!

I flew into Baltimore Thursday afternoon... Of course, my well-behaved child decided to pick that day to perfect her squawking technique :) After waiting about an hour for my flight to board, I became privy to the few public benefits of having a young child - pre-boarding! We picked a window seat, because I was pretty sure that she might be interested in napping. I saw that we were not the only family to be on this particular flight... Lots of kids, most of them crying and upset at being on the plane. MY baby, however, settled down to nurse within the first 5 mins of takeoff, promptly fell asleep, and slept almost the entire flight. yay.... She woke up about 20 mins before landing, and I could tell her ears were hurting from the change in pressure. Soooo, we nursed again :)
We were very discreet, and upon landing, the person in the seat next to me congratulated my daughter (and me) on a successful noiseless flight.

Now we're all checked in at the hotel.. it's really big, and a little confusing. I feel like I'm going round in circles half the time. The good news is, the hotel was very accomodating with our requests - I needed to be given a hotel room on the lower level because I am an observant Jew and do not use electricity on the Sabbath (Shabbat, Saturday). So, we got a room on the first floor. It's really beautiful - the whole hotel is.

Alright, my baby is tugging at me. Time for a nap, I think.

More to come soon!

Chana

1 Comments:

Blogger Gail said...

Hi chana,
Wlecome to the conference!

I get a bit confused here too especially if I'm walking and trying to read name tags instead of paying attention to which hall I should turn down next.

Have fun and maybe we'll bump into each other in the tech room!
Gail

4:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home